Quote of the month. “Dates that come around every year help us measure progress in our lives. One annual event, New Year’s day is a time of reflection and resolution”.
Our quote this month is very topical. So, what have we achieved over the last twelve months; did we meet our personal goals and business targets; did we help others achieve theirs; what could we have done better? This list is far from exhaustive, but it is the reflection part. The last question I feel is the key one in business because, if we can answer it we know what our business resolutions are for 2018. Here are a few business thoughts, though not necessarily my personal resolutions.
- Don’t tell – trust, your people
- Don’t review – coach, them
- Training is not an event – it is a process
- Selling is simple – circumstances are complex
- Sales and marketing can work together – they just don’t understand each other
- Value is tangible – not words
Not a huge list, but most of us have a problem with just one. What is my favourite? It has to be number 4. Too many people have made too much money by complicating selling.